- Doing Business Here
- Start & Expand
- Target Industries
- Living Here
Keith Norden represented Team Volusia EDC at the Southern Economic Development Council (SEDC) 2019 Annual Conference held in August. The theme for the conference was Brave. New. World. The conference attracted over 400 attendees from across the country and beyond.
Speakers and sessions focused on disruptive technologies, the changes and new innovations that will have a significant impact on economic development. The conference also addressed several topics including 5G, Virtual Reality and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
In addition, the program also featured numerous sessions led by some of the nation’s top site selectors/consultants with topics including:
· Data and Internet are Defining the Winners and Losers of Economic Development
· Maximize Success through Innovative Digital, Data, Marketing for Economic Development
· Being a Community that Decision Makers Remember
· Site Preparedness Better Opportunities
· Preparing your Region for Foreign Direct Investment
· Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Reality in Economic Development
One of the highpoints of this year’s SEDC Conference was the announcement of the 2019 Communication Awards winners. We are extremely proud that the Team Volusia EDC website which was introduced last year received the Award of Merit in the category of Websites: Local, State or Regional EDOs.
Additionally, Keith Norden was unanimously elected to serve on the SEDC Board of Directors for 2020 as Alternate Director – Florida. He has served on the SEDC Board since 2017, which is a national level position as SEDC represents over 900 economic development professionals across their 17-state region.